Tips for packing plants
If you are in need of tips for packing plants, you have come to the perfect place. Our moving company has created a short guide for you to help you out. Remember, your plants are not your tables, chairs, clothes and any other item you have around in your house – they are really sensitive and it is easy to damage them. Another thing you should keep in mind is that most moving companies will not relocate your plants. However, some of them will and you can find them easily. You will also need specialized pots for them as well. However, we do not wish to “give away our secrets” just like that. Feel free to read our guide if you wish to learn more about this issue. We promise it is a good one!
Tips for packing plants – some things you need to know
You should realize that moving plants is not the same as knowing how to move artwork – it is actually more “touchy”. Moreover, you will need some of the following:
- A really good moving company. Unless you wish to risk your plants, we highly recommend to go with a moving company. Professional moving companies can help you relocate your plants. For example, our company, Golan’s Moving & Storage knows how to do it and we will help you without any problems. All you need to do is to give us a call at least three weeks in advance so that both of us can prepare for your relocation with plants. Remember, treat everything else just like a regular move and leave your plants to us. That way, you will not have to worry about almost anything concerning your move.
- Adequate supplies. You will not only need adequate moving supplies for your relocation, but for your plants as well. A good idea would be to find the best packing supplies Chicago offers and to tell them about your issue. They can certainly help you out by providing the best possible supplies.
- Get adequate pots for your plants. You will also need to think about the pots for your plants. You will need to repot all of them for safer relocation. However, make sure that the pots are plastic, just in case. This is different as knowing how to pack a piano for storage, but both things are equally important for your move.
Some things you should always keep on your mind
There are some things you should always keep on your mind, no matter if you are relocating to New York or to Los Angeles. For example, here are some of them:
- Your plants are sensitive. Slight changes might make your plants damaged or withered. This is something you should avoid at all costs. Thus, a good idea would be to make sure that your plants are protected during your packing, moving and unpacking processes. Also, make sure that you prune your plants before your move – it will make sure that they are healthy during the moving process.
- Each plant is different. Make sure that you wrap the larger plants with packing foil or something to prevent the branches getting damaged during the move. For smaller plants, you can use regular moving boxes. However, make sure to fill the empty spaces with dunnage – packing paper, crumpled cardboard or something else to prevent them from moving around.
- Your plants need air. You should cut air holes in your boxes for smaller plants. Also, make sure not to suffocate the plant by any chance. Keep your plants hydrated as well, it will help them “survive” the longer relocation periods.
Tips for packing plants – what else do you need?
A good idea would be to find good storage in Skokie if you are relocating there. Moreover, you should always have good storage options for any type of your move. This will help you a lot in general and not only with your plants. In any case, it would not be a “good” idea to store your plants. There are some items that cannot “survive” inside a storage, and plants are, unfortunately, one of them. So, please, do not even think about this one – it would be as if you decided not to bring them at all and let them wither in peace.
Make sure to keep track of the temperature changes. Plants are, unfortunately, very susceptible to temperature changes and, if you are moving in winter, you need to make sure that they are protected from hazardous weather. The best thing you can do is to make sure that your plants have the same household conditions during your move at all points. It might be a bit tricky to achieve during the moving process, but it is not impossible.
Some additional information
Your relocation is the most important thing, right? In other words, you will need to make sure that everything is in order with it. A good idea would be to double-check with your moving company, just to make sure it is. However, you can also call your friends and family to help you out. The most important thing is to not focus too much on a single thing. This is why you will need someone else to help you out. For example, if you focus too much on your plants, you will lose track of your relocation and it might not go well.
No matter what you choose, you should know that having the best possible relocation is the key. Calling the best moving company can only help you out with your relocation and you should consider it. Moreover, make sure that your moving company can help you out with your plants as well. A win-win situation, right?
Tips for packing plants – conclusion
In the end, we sincerely hope that you have enjoyed our short guide with tips for packing plants. If you can find a really great moving company who can relocate your plants, you should not worry about anything else. No matter what, we wish you all the best with your move. Good luck!