Should you hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation
Moving to Des Plaines? Thinking about all the things relocation requires? Wonder whether to move by yourself or to hire a professional Chicago moving and storage company to take care of your relocation? Well, it’s okay to have second thoughts, especially if you are moving for the first time and don’t know what to expect from the relocation. Many things are to be handled during the relocation, and it’s okay to question whether you can manage to do it yourself or not. However, your decision doesn’t have to be tough. Golan’s Moving & Storage is here to help you decide. Read on and find out should you hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation.
Understanding relocation tasks
Before you decide whether you should hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation, let’s check the moving tasks. Relocation is a complex process that requires a lot of planning and organizing. So, it’s important to understand the whole process first. Here’s our moving checklist:
- Planning: make a moving timeline.
- Creating a moving budget: decide your budget so you’ll know how much you can spend on your relocation.
- Research moving companies: if you need help, find a reliable moving company.
- Gather the necessary documents: this is the most daunting task. Create a list so that you don’t forget anything. This way, you’ll avoid problems that incomplete documentation may cause.
- Find storage unit: if you need to move out and haven’t found a new place yet, use storage.
- Make an inventory list: the list of your inventory will help you pack faster.
- Purchase packing supplies: secure your belongings from damage.
- Start packing: pack your belongings room by room and disassemble the furniture.
- Declutter: purge as you pack. Make a garage sale or give away things you won’t need.
- Make a floor plan for your new home: this will help you declutter and arrange your new home faster.
- Notify service providers: inform the providers about your move and transfer your utilities.
- Change address
- Forward medical documentation
- Clean your old home
Now that you are familiar with the moving process, make a moving plan and think about whether you need help from professionals. But before that, let’s see how movers can help you.
How can movers help you with your relocation?
There are many benefits of hiring moving professionals. As you can see from the moving list mentioned above, relocation does not only require a lot of planning, but it also requires a lot of paperwork. It can be a long process since you have to gather any documents possible. It takes a lot of time, and it’s hard to keep up with gathering the documents and organizing the move. So, while you are dealing with paperwork, your local movers Chicago can help you with the relocation tasks. But that’s not all. They can tell you exactly what type of documents you need to obtain. This way, you won’t forget anything, and you’ll save a lot of time. Most importantly, your movers will make sure your belongings are packed securely and transported safely. So, let’s check some more reasons why you should hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation.
Ten reasons to hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation
Since moving is overwhelming and stressful, it’s always good to have some help around. And who better to help you than professional movers. The reasons for hiring movers are many, and here are the most important ones:
- Faster relocation: the movers will provide you with an efficient moving plan.
- Packing services: you won’t have to pack your belongings by yourself. Your movers will handle that. Thus, packing supplies are provided.
- Moving equipment is provided: You won’t have to rent or buy moving equipment such as dollies.
- Loading/unloading: Your movers will load your belongings in the moving truck. You won’t have to pay a third party for loading.
- Moving trucks are provided: You won’t have to rent a moving truck and have additional expenses.
- Protection from any type of damage: Your items will be packed, loaded, transported, and unloaded safely.
- Disassembling the furniture: Your movers are trained for disassembling and reassembling any type of furniture.
- You’ll avoid injuries: You won’t have to carry the furniture and boxes. Your movers will do that using the right moving equipment. So, there’s no heavy lifting.
- Moving insurance: Your belongings are insured in case of any damage.
- Cost-effective relocation: You won’t have to pay for the services separately. If you hire a moving company, such as Des Plaines moving company, you’ll get a moving estimate for all types of services. Some companies even offer a discount.
Moving companies offer storage services
If you hire a moving company, you can also use their storage units, alongside packing and transportation services. Instead of renting self-storage and having additional expenses, use storage services Chicago. And, if you use professional storage units, your belongings will be kept safe and monitored.
Need more reasons to hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation?
Reasons mentioned above are not enough for you to hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation? Here are some more. By hiring professional movers for your Des Plaines move, you’ll save time, money, and, most importantly, a lot of nerves. You’ll get peace of mind knowing that your belongings and valuable items are handled with special attention by experts. What’s more, professional moving companies use advanced technologies that will make your relocation easier. Besides, if you are moving your office, you can continue working without interruption. Your movers will provide you with an efficient commercial moving plan.
Need moving services? Contact Golan’s Moving & Storage
If you want to hire movers for your Des Plaines relocation, contact Golan’s Moving & Storage. We offer all kinds of services, such as local or long-distance move, residential or commercial move, and packing and storage services. So, don’t hesitate. Contact us today and get your moving quote. We are fully at your disposal anytime and anywhere. Have a safe relocation without stress.