If you are interested to learn how to pack a piano for storage, you have definitely come to the right place. Our moving company has created the perfect guide just for you. However, there are some things you can also do to help with your piano relocation. Thus, feel free to stick with us and to read our guide. We sincerely hope that you will enjoy it and find it useful! In any case, moving and storing a piano is not easy at all, and we would highly recommend hiring a moving company to help you out. Calling friends to help can work as well. There is something else you can do, so let us begin with our guide, shall we?
How to pack a piano for storage – two options you can choose from
You should know that packing and moving a piano is not as easy as packing pottery and ceramics, for example. For that reason you should always come prepared. Here is what you can do:
- Hire the best moving company you can. This is arguably the best option you can take as well. So, if you hire professional movers like the best piano movers Chicago offers, you should have no issues with this at all. Your professional moving company knows how to relocate a piano. Moreover, they know how to complete your move without any troubles as well. When bigger things are concerned, you should always leave them in the hands of the professionals. They have been doing this for years and they can certainly help you out without any trouble!
- Do the entire process with someone you know. A regular piano weighs more than one thousand pounds. Chances that a single person can relocate it, let alone pack it, are slim. You should understand that pianos are really sensitive, even though they are big items. So, even a minor damage might ruin the instrument. In other words, you should take extra care when handling one of them. If you are, by any chance, no sure about what to do, you can always rely on some of the greatest moving companies Mount Prospect, IL offers to help you out. Remember, it is better to hire professional services than to make a mistake.
Some things you should always keep in mind
There are some things you should keep in mind at all times. For example, you should know that moving a piano is not the same as packing and moving gym equipment. If everything was as simple as that, there would not be any professional piano movers, right? So, you should prepare well for your piano moving. Moreover, you should also prepare for your piano storage. In other words, a good idea would be to read guides on the Internet. There are some really specialized one that will even help you with the type of piano you have. Remember, the more you know, the better it is!
Yet another thing you should worry about are the professional packing and storing supplies. You cannot simply store your piano and be done with it – something will happen to it without any doubts. What you need to do is to make sure that your instrument remains in the same condition after the storage process as it was prior to that. So, a good idea would be to visit Amazon and to get professional moving and storing supplies. However, make sure that you get the highest-quality equipment you can find. Anything less might not be a good idea at all for obvious reasons.
How to pack a piano for storage – how to do it, actually?
The downside about packing a piano for storage is that you cannot disassemble it to smaller parts. This means that you cannot simply pack and store it by pieces, but you will need to do the entire thing at once. If you are struggling with this, try finding quality last-minute movers to help you out. If you cannot, you can do the following:
- Find the best storage space. You will need a good storage space for your piano. That being said, you will need to find a dry storage, never one that might have any moisture inside. Needless to say, you will not be able to play your piano if the wood gets moist inside the storage.
- Clean and polish your piano. You need to make sure that your piano is clean and polished for your move. Moreover, you also need to add a layer of protection for the wooden parts of it. There are some things you can get Online to help you out with this.
- Make sure the keys are cleaned and covered. What goes for the wood, goes for the keys as well – you need to clean that. However, you also need to make sure the keys are covered. This will help with the dust on your piano.
- Wrap your piano in heavy-duty blankets and plastic wraps. This will add an extra layer of protection for your piano both during relocation and storage.
If, by any chance, you are not sure about how to proceed with this, you should call professionals to help you out. A good idea would be to hire the best moving company in the area. However, you also need to make sure that your moving company can do piano relocation services. We need to stress out that this is the most important part of your move and that you will need a moving company that can help you out with that without any issues. For everything else, you can manage on your own if you know what you are doing.
How to pack a piano for storage – conclusion
In the end, we sincerely hope that you know how to pack a piano for storage after reading our guide. Keep in mind to hire the best professional movers and you should not have any issues with anything. In any case, we wish you all the best with this one. Good luck!