When you are storing fine art safely, you need to think about several things. For example, your fine art is very fragile and delicate and you will need to protect it at all costs. This means that you will need all the necessary packing and storing equipment. Moreover, you should be thinking about hiring professional movers to help you out. In any case, you can always rely on our moving company to help you out. Today, we have decided to help you by making a short guide about relocating and moving fine art, as well as storing it. We sincerely hope that you will both enjoy our guide and find it useful for your relocation. For everything else, feel free to call us and we can help out in person as well. Let us see what our guide is about, shall we?
A perfect guide for storing fine art safely – what exactly to do
There are several things you can do to make this easier for you. Remember, this is not the same as knowing how to prepare furniture for relocation – it is much harder. In any case, you can always do one of the two following options:
- Contact the best professional moving company. You need to find a really good moving company to help you out with this one. In any case, you can always rely on Golan’s Moving and Storage when storing fine art is concerned. Moreover, your professional movers can also pack and prepare your art for you. This is the most difficult task when it comes to moving and relocating with fragile belongings. If you do not make sure that nothing happens to your items, you will never finish your relocation successfully. Think about this one before you do anything else. Believe us, it is one of the most important things you should keep in mind.
- Do everything on your own. You can also do everything on your own. However, this is not like packing toys for a move – your fine art is really valuable and, in some cases, even priceless. Thus, you will need a really good plan if you wish to make everything work out in the end. In any case, you will need a moving checklist as well. Why would you need that? Well, in most cases, you need to keep track of your moving progress and to plan alongside it. One of the best options is having a good moving checklist. Believe us, we know what we are talking about when this is concerned.
Things you should never forget
One of the most important things when relocating with your fine art is having enough supplies. Also, you will need to think about some storage options. In any case, you can always find some really good storage units Skokie offers. However, before you place your art inside storage, you will need to prepare it for storing. So, a good idea would be to find the best professional moving equipment and supplies. Moving boxes, bubble wrap, some layers for the boxes, additional moving boxes, et cetera. If you plan and prepare for this well, you should not worry about anything. In any case, you can always rely on your moving company to help you out when this is concerned.
Yet another thing you should keep in mind is that the safety of your fine art is the most important thing. It does not matter if you are relocating to Orlando or to New York City – you will need to protect your fine art in the storage unit. So, a good way would be to make sure that every storage unit you rent out is clean and professional. Moreover, you will need to make sure that your storage unit does not have any moisture inside. Moisture will ruin your fine art in a matter of hours, depending on the amount of it and the sensitivity of your art. Keep this in mind at all times.
What else should you know about storing fine art safely?
There are several other things as well you should know or think about when it comes to storing your fine art. For example, if you are packing your home in a week, you should make sure to save the packing supplies and materials for your fine art. You do not need to add an extra layer of protection for most of your clothing or books, but your fine art needs it. There are some other things you should think about. For example:
- Extra protection for your art. Bubble wrap might not be enough. Ask your moving company for professional items.
- Special plastic wraps. Your special plastic wraps will help protect your fine art. Make sure to utilize that.
- Styrofoam. Having enough styrofoam can help you add an extra layer of protection for your art.
- Dense packing materials. This will prevent your art from moving around during transport. Think about it.
Additional information about your storage
There are some other things you should know when storing fine art safely is concerned. For example, you will need to find some of the best storage units for this occasion. Why is this so? In most cases, you can store your fine art anywhere, provided that you have protected it previously. However, having the best storage options can never be a bad thing. Your fine art is very sensitive and a lot of things can happen if you are not careful enough. Of course, you will have to take care of it during your entire relocation – from your home to your storage. This is one of the most important parts when handling fine art so you should give it some thought. Also, you can call a moving company to help you out instead.
Storing fine art safely – conclusion
We sincerely hope that you will be storing fine art safely after reading our guide. Moreover, we hope that you found the information written here useful and sufficient. For everything else, contact a moving company to help you out. Good luck!