Fun facts about Glenview
Are you planning on moving to Glenview, and you’re interested in some fun facts about the place? Before you start looking for movers Chicago has to offer, take a look at everything you can do in Glenview, and look at some of the fun facts about Glenview as well! What better way to decide whether the place is right for you than actually getting to know the way people spend their leisure time there? To find out more about this Chicago suburb, keep on reading!
Glenview lies on the north branch of the Chicago River
This means that there are numerous parks and places where you can have a truly relaxing time. Many people turn to Glenview movers because they want to live close to the city, but also close to nature at the same time. That’s exactly what Glenview offers to its residents – close proximity to Chicago on one side, and green surfaces on the other. It’s a perfect place for families with young children!
Glenview was home to many interesting people
There are many fun facts about Glenview, but let’s take a look at who used to live here, and where they are now:
- Emily Bergl, the actress of Desperate Housewives
- Artis Gilmore, ABA, and NBA Player
- Brian Hansen, Olympic medalist who won a silver medal
- Olivia Smoglia, Olympic medalist who won a gold!
Those are just some of the notable people who have lived here. Do you wish to be one of them? If so, have you gotten in touch with Chicago office movers yet?
Glenview offers various attractions where you can have fun!
Glenview is a fun place – it offers a wide spectrum of places where you can spend your free time. Take a look at some of the places where you can spend your leisure time in Glenview:
- Numerous parks that we have already mentioned, such as Gallery Park or Ladendorf Park.
- Take a look at some of Glenview’s museums: Morton Grove Historical Museum or American Toby Jug Museum. The Auto Museum in Glenview has more than 150 antique cars, trucks, and other vehicles!
- Visit Lake Glenview to go swimming, or enjoy the art of fishing!
- Glenview has a black-soil prairie, the only one in the state. Take a look at it if you like plants.
Take a look at even more fun facts about Glenview
- Glenview has a population of around 50 000 people, and 22% of people are senior citizens
- More than 60% of the population is married, and a little bit over 50% of the population has a bachelor degree
- Houses in Glenview have their own numbering system, while some parts use Chicago’s, and some parts don’t use neither Glenview nor Chicago’s numbering system – which can be slightly confusing in the beginning!
- Glenview Naval Air Station was established in 1940 but closed in 1995
As you can see, there are numerous fun facts about Glenview that tell you a lot about its history, as well as the way that the residents have fun in the place. If this seems like the place where you can envision your life, don’t hesitate to give us a call and book a seamless transition into your new Glenview home!