Chicago Parking Permits
We are Chicago movers who offer convenient and reliable services to our customers all throughout the Chicagoland area. Call us today!
Chicago Parking Permits through Golan’s Moving and Storage
Golan’s Moving and Storage is committed to making your move as seamless as possible. A key aspect of a successful move is proper parking for our trucks. In certain situations, parking permits are required and must be obtained through the city ahead of your scheduled move.
Golan’s can obtain parking permits for moves involving a Chicago address. The permit must be ordered through our office at least 96 hours (4 business days) prior to the move. The City of Chicago will then place “no parking” signs at the address of the permit.
The cost is $30 per truck, per day, per location. This cost is never refundable. In addition to the permit cost, the City of Chicago may seek to collect lost revenue when the permitted area is within a paybox (meter) area. The exact charges are subject to variation. In the “business district” portion of the city, costs may be as high as $150 per day. Please contact a Golan’s representative for additional details. Costs that are incurred by the City are never refundable.
Rules & Regulations regarding parking permits are as follows:
- Golan’s Moving is not able to control the actual parking situation for the permitted area on the day of the move. If there are cars parked in the location in which we have properly obtained a permit, any action necessary is no longer the responsibility of Golan’s Moving. Golan’s Moving is not in charge of placing signage at the location nor can we control the situation that may exist at the time of the move. Golan’s Moving only processes the permit order through the City of Chicago.
- We ask that our customers inspect their location to ensure that our crew will have an appropriate place to park a 40-foot long vehicle.
- Traditional “alderman signs” have been eliminated by the City of Chicago.
- All parking tickets issued due to parking ordinance violations are the responsibility of the shipper (customer).
- If our truck is positioned on private property, a permit is not necessary. Please check with your building management for additional information.
- For other cities and municipalities, please consult the local police or applicable department.
Please contact your sales representative if you have additional questions regarding parking permits in the City of Chicago.